We offer some activities based on the lyrics of this song.
We thank Francisco Cerrillo (a teacher from Madrid, Spain) for sending this idea.
ANNIE LENOX - HEAVEN
Find the words in the song that mean:
1. A difficulty that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
2. An eternal state of communion with God.
3. The muscular organ in vertebrates that pumps blood.
4. A place where one lives; a residence.
5. The inhabitants of the earth; the human race.
6. A deep place in a body of water.
7. A star that is the basis of the solar system.
8. A source of regularly occurring pulses used to measure the passage of time.
9. A brief composition written or adapted for singing.
10. The surface of the front of the head from the top of the forehead to the base of the chin and from ear to ear.
11. A drinking vessel.
12. Water frozen solid.
13. A series of connected railroad cars pulled or pushed by one or more locomotives.
14. An upright structure of wood, plaster, or other building material serving to enclose, divide, or protect an area.
15. An airplane or hydroplane.
Here are the lyrics:
Annie Lenox - Heaven
Heaven is the home of the hearts.
And heaven don't tear you apart.
There's too many kinks, wanna hold you down.
And the world is a window gone underground.
There's a hole in the sky where the sun don't shine.
And a clock on the wall and it counts my time.
There's a song on the air with a love-you-line.
And a face in a glass and it looks like mine.
And I'm standing on ice when I say that I don't hear planes.
And I scream at the fools, wanna jump my train.
Heaven can take you up, take you high,
Take you up to the place
Where you're gonna find peace.
Peace in your heart.
You don't have to suffer.