- a white-collar worker = non-manual worker. (The opposite is a blue-collar worker)
- as white as a sheet = very pale, as a result of fear or shock.
She went as white as a sheet when I told her the news.
- as white as snow = very white.
That old man had his hair as white as snow.
- a white lie = harmless or trivial lie.
- a white elephant = possession that is useless and often expensive to maintain.
Choose the right answer.
¿Conoces más? Envía tu colaboración
junto con tu nombre, ciudad y país, y será agregada! Share your knowledge!