Listening Comprehension - Comprensión Auditiva
Cómo realizar este ejercicio de comprensión auditiva
- Siempre encontrarás una pequeña introducción, que puede ayudarte a comprender el tema tratado.
- Antes de mirar el video, lee las preguntas y las opciones presentadas, para saber exactamente lo que debes averiguar y así escuchar con más atención esa información.
- Quizás puedes deducir las respuestas sin necesidad de mirar el video. Sin embargo, debes confirmar con el video cuál es la opción correcta.
- Puedes mirar el video cuantas veces sea necesario. Pero es recomendable hacerlo solamente dos veces (o tres veces como máximo) ya que esa es la forma en que normalmente se realizan estos ejercicios en exámenes y pruebas internacionales.
- Comprueba tus aciertos pulsando el botón "Corregir". Si no has podido completar todas las palabras, pulsa el botón "Solución" para ver cuáles eran las que te faltaban.
- Una vez terminado el ejercicio, puedes pulsar "Ver texto" para leer el texto completo y comprobar las respuestas.
US Women Eye Hockey Gold Medal in Vancouver
Topic: Women's ice hockey is still a relatively new addition to the Olympic movement, first introduced in Nagano, Japan at the 1998 Winter Olympics. This year, the U.S. Women's Hockey team is one of eight squads competing for a gold medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver,
Canada. Source: VOA
Watch the video and choose the right answer.
Click here to watch the video
Forward Julie Chu is the first player of Asian descent on the U.S. Women's Hockey Team, and is competing in her third Olympics. "We're really young. We have six returning Olympians out of the 23 person roster, so out with that youth brings a lot of energy and excitement."
Since the team began competing together last year, one of the challenges for Coach Mark Johnson is getting his young first-time Olympians ready for the world stage. "When you step on the ice, and the entire world is watching you, you can talk about those things, but you don't know how kids are going to react until they are put in
Johnson speaks from experience. He played on the U.S. Men's Team at the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics and scored two goals to help the U.S. defeat the Soviet Union in what became known as the "Miracle on Ice." That paved the way to a Gold medal win against Finland.
"You've just got to eliminate all the distractions, and the most important thing is what happens on the ice."
There will be plenty of distractions in Vancouver, and a lot of fans rooting against the Americans.
Jesse Vetter, the team's goaltender, says she welcomes the attention. She's making her Olympic debut. "It doesn't matter if the fans are screaming against you or for you, it's going to be against us when we are in Vancouver, I just love having people in the stands."
The road to the Gold medal in Vancouver could very well run through team Canada. The U.S. women faced off against the Canadians in December, losing 2-1.
But Angela Ruggerio, one of four team captains, says she believes there will be more pressure on Canada at the Olympics. "They're hosting the Olympics, they're the defending gold medallist, and hockey is their national sport. So in a way, we are the underdog."
Win or lose, Coach Johnson is more concerned about the journey that brought the team together. "When we get all said and done and we get on a plane
to leave Vancouver, you know, the group and the support staff can look back on these previous six months and look back and have a smile on their face and really have enjoyed the process,
they've enjoyed the journey. They've developed great friendships and they'll
have wonderful memories of how they not only got to Vancouver but of their
experience during these Olympics."
Ruggerio agrees. This is her fourth Olympics. She says her teammates are more than just athletes, they are also role models.
"You know, it is a tremendous opportunity for our sport to be visible, and to have other young girls look up to us."
The U.S. Women's team hits the ice on Sunday February 14th, against China.
Más ejercicios para practicar inglés
Aprende inglés con las letras de tus canciones favoritas, con el análisis del vocabulario y la traducción al español. ¡Fácil y divertido!
Ingresa en English &
Practica inglés leyendo obras maestras de la literatura inglesa y norteamericana. Puedes obtener los libros gratis
para descargar y leer en tu PC, tablet o ebook-reader. Visita la sección Free Books